Things to do on 4/20 in Colorado
This week’s blog post is from Herb Hightower’s column bringing together the 420 cannabis community through strain reviews, tips and tricks, and industry updates.
Colorful Colorado is even more colorful on 4/20. If you are planning a cannabis-filled day in the Centennial state but aren’t sure where to go, we have you covered. Herb Hightower is made for this moment and I’ve compiled a list of ways to enjoy the Colorado 4/20 holiday in style.
Colorado’s 4/20 History
What a cool age to be living in where cannabis is medically and recreationally legal. But did you know even before the marijuana legalization Colorado had a deep tradition of celebrating herb? The University of Colorado in Boulder held the first organized 4/20 celebration in 2008 with rumors of 12,000+ cannabis enthusiasts in attendance. As that 4/20 celebration grew it became too much for the great university to handle and in 2012 they took hilariously, drastic measures and sprayed a foul-odored, fish fertilizer on the quad where the celebration was usually held to keep people away. On top of that, CU closed down its campus entirely to non-students. Since then reefer love has set its 4/20 eyes on Civic Center Park in Denver, Colorado.
Now that we know the history behind one of the biggest 4/20 festivals in the world, let’s take a look at some things to do in Colorado on 4/20.
Top 5 Cannabis Things To Do In Colorado on 4/20
- Mile High 420 Festival & Rally, Flyhi Festival, in Denver, Colorado’s Civic Center Park. After COVID put a stop to this festival for two long years, the 4/20 event we know and love is back for a reunion tour with vendors, sponsors, and concerts.
- Red Rocks Amphitheater – 4/19 has been labeled 4:20 Eve on the Rocks were Ice Cube, Cypress Hill, E-40, and Too Short team up for what is sure to be a dope concert. Then on 4/20 Pepper, Redman, Method Man, and more take the stage at Red Rocks for 4:20 on the Rocks. As of the time, this article was written tickets were still available for both concerts.
- Hike a mountain! There is something special that comes from an accomplishment as great as summiting a Colorado mountain. And something maybe equally as impressive is the apres events that follow such an accomplishment. With over 15 separate mountain ranges and 54 peaks over 14,000 feet, Colorado is sure to have a mountain for you to explore this 4/20 holiday.
- eBike in downtown Denver. Lower downtown or LODO is an amazing place, a historic, 23-block neighborhood full of dispensaries, breweries, speakeasies, restaurants, and a vibrant cultural scene. In order to see it all you’ll need some help getting around so why not take a stroll through LODO behind the handlebars of an eBike or an electric scooter, just remember you can still get a DUI or other infractions on these rides. Don’t forget to stop by our 16th Street Mall dispensary when you are in LODO.
- Cannabis-infused dinner and movies with friends. Maybe the downtown scene on 4/20 is too much for you or mountains just aren’t your thing. Well, a super chill night with a three-course dinner infused with cannabis oil or butter followed by cannabis tea and a movie is a fun way to celebrate 4/20 in the comfort of your own home.
Whatever you decide on this 4/20 holiday, please respect the laws and enjoy responsibly. If you have questions or need some premium cannabis for this year’s holiday, please visit any of our eight dispensaries in Colorado and Michigan for the finest and most-awarded cannabis flower, topicals, and concentrate products.
420 The Right Way,